Haley is studying Marketing (now called Business Management with Marketing) at Salford Business School and has a chance to do a work placement at Agilent Technologies in Cheadle. We caught up with her to find out what she does in her role of marketing communications

Haley Britton sitting and talking
Photo of Haley Britton

When I started my placement year, I was given a broad idea of what I was going to be doing, which was very basic compared to what I’ve actually been doing.  I do a lot of the rebranding for everything that we put out in regards to our team and a couple of other teams. Recently, I’ve been taking over responsibility for the website and publishing pages in regards to our team.

“I feel like I had the confidence that I needed to go into such a busy environment, such a big company, I had the confidence to go in and bring my own and give my own opinions and get stuck in. I wasn’t too scared to ask questions”

My role mainly consists of pulling everything together. I’m given the materials and I convert it to the new branding. Then I send it to the teams who are in charge of it so then they review it, make any text changes, image changes and all that sent back to me, until we have the finished product.

I have also brought a lot of the experience that I gained from university. Everything I’ve done from first year! In your first year you’re not doing exactly what your course is, you’re doing a broad range of things. In second year it’s more in depth, focussed topics. I feel the business school also developed my confidence that I needed to go into such a busy environment, such a big company, I had the confidence to go in and bring my own and give my own opinions and get stuck in. I wasn’t too scared to ask questions, which is always good.

Explore BSc Business Management with Marketing

Explore our undergraduate business management courses